Tonight I served rice with chopped zucchini and yellow squash for dinner. Jasper also had black beans with his. And gomasio, which he loves. He didn't eat the squashes, though he pointed and asked me what they were over and over again and attempted to say "zucchini." He asks for the names of things a lot now. He nods his head when he hears a name again that he's already heard, like with "radiator."
The other day he pulled a bag off his shelf that was filled with wooden fruits. He pulled all of them out and called them each an apple, except the banana. Four of them were apples, and there was also a pear, a peach and a plum. I told him their names, and he said apple again, but this time while shaking his head no. Later he clapped one of the apples and said, "patty-cake apple!" And laughed. I laughed too. He is so funny.
He asks us to sing a lot. "Mama sing," he says. I ask him what and he says "go away" and I sing "Rain Rain go away, come again another day..." or "Upty Upty" which is Humpty Dumpty" or "Good Morning Sun" or "Weekie" which is "Wee Willie Winkie." He sings as well:
"Hap Birtday Finn, Hap Birtday Fin." We can only sing Happy Birthday to Finn, whose birthday was nearly a month ago.
I also started singing "See saw Sacradown, which is the way to London town, one side up and the other down, that is the way to London town." So he likes to say "See Saw" and one day he see-sawed with Eli, a friend from childcare, while I sang the song, and ever since then, also now about a month, he associates the see-saw song with Eli and sings about that day. This past Monday he see-sawed with a little girl named Adele, and she was done before he was and got off to play elsewhere, and he followed her trying to convince her to come back and see-saw again, though she refused. It was the first time I'd seen him do that with a child, and so clearly asking in his little voice, his head cocked to the side, gesturing with his hands. He was very sweet about it and didn't get too upset when she continued to decline.
No comments:
Post a Comment