The days are glorious: sunny and bright, breezy and perfect for outdoor exercise and play. The most perfect rose has bloomed on my trellis, so fragrant and deep pink, oblivious to its hot summer predecessor's beetle enemy. The time to languish is finished. The burst of cold fosters a burst of busy-ness - what preparations shall I make for Winter? Projects abound. Raspberries picked and frozen. I anticipate apples and applesauce making. We eat the first apple crisp of the school year.
Here is our weekly schedule: MONDAY - mornings with Myles at our house. TUESDAY - working with Jasper at Liz's. WEDNESDAY - free to check out Hudson's playgroup. THURSDAY - Parent Child class at Hawthorne Valley, just like last year. FRIDAY - Jasper goes to Myles' house, freedom to myself or another working morning. EVENINGS are open for work, waitressing at Swoon. NAPPING is every day still. BEDTIME is divided between Nick and I, with Nick finishing. We certainly have come into a rhythm that works. Life is good.
I am grateful for a kitchen that leads out to a fenced in yard so I can keep watch while Jasper plays and I prepare our meals. I am grateful for a husband who weekly takes out the trash including the kitty litter and dirty diapers that have collected over a weeks time. I am grateful for my love of song. I am grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment