"Same Same." replies Jasper
"Same Same is a dog, and Tonk Tonk is a cat." Jasper explains further.
It's Christmas morning and Jasper has opened all his presents. He found a new dog in his stocking, along with a sippy cup, a race car mouse, dried fruit snacks and an electric toothbrush in the shape of Tigger. He loves the toothbrush - he proceeded to brush his teeth for a few minutes. Also from Santa he received some "lincoln logs" and 2 farm animal puzzles. From Mommy and Daddy, a set of felt fish and a rod to go fishing with. I made a set for him and for Violet.
Last night we opened presents with Anton, Alison, Violet, Wendy and Memere after dinner. Dinner was Indian themed, with coconut squash soup and papadam as a first course, followed by cinnamon, cumin, cardamom spiced coconut basmati rice, daal, and curry cauliflower with yellow raisins, tamari almonds, capers, onion and garlic. Nicholas made a salad with arugula, feta, & pomegranate seeds. It was all surprisingly delicious and light.
Back to the presents: From Anton and Alison, Jasper received some smartwool socks and a set of natural paints. From Wendy and Memere, two Carl books - Carl is a Rottweiler who is a responsible babysitter and the story is mostly illustration with very little words. A couple presents arrived via post: From his Great Grandma in Nebraska a set of A.A. Milne books. From Nonny, 3 silk play clothes - rainbow, green, and brown. They are beautiful. Violet got some too and they spent some of the evening running around with the rainbow ones tied as capes. I also got my "secret santa" stocking! Memere had me this year - she had me a few years ago, and Wendy had me last year - so it's like Wendy had me 3 times since she does all the shopping for Memere. I wasn't expecting to get my stocking till I got back from NC - which I was fine with. So, it was a nice surprise to get mine before I left. I honestly have no idea what to ask for or what I want for myself - but I managed to come up with a list and I received many of the items I asked for, including a Felting kit.
We will miss seeing Neda and Michael today, as Jasper and I are flying to Charlotte to see my Dad. We return in time for New Years, so I can work all weekend. Then Jasper and I go away again on a car trip to Baltimore, Philadelphia and finally, NYC where I meet up with Nick and pass Jasper to him so I can have my first full weekend away.
It's an exciting time of year!
No comments:
Post a Comment