All the breastfeeding is really paying off: Jasper's gaining well...he now weighs 8 lbs and grew 1 1/2 inches and I am losing the baby weight - only 6 more pounds to my pre-pregnancy weight.
Nick went back to work on the 18th, and today is the first day I am totally alone with our little man. Last week, my mom came with me for his doctor visit...the dreaded PKU...which, according to Dr. Vigna, he was super easy. she had to poke his heal 3 times to get enough blood to fill the little circles with. Jasper nursed in my arms the whole time. he cried a lot. I hope that's the only time we have to do that test...keep your fingers crossed.
I both love and dread night time - the dread comes from my total concern over Jasper's gas pain...which seems amplified at night...so we started swaddling him. He cries like crazy while we wrap him up like a burrito, but as soon as he's snuggled close at my breast, he calms down so deeply, and falls asleep for a good long stretch. We both need the sleep! The love comes from how much I love snuggling with him in the crook of my arm and sleeping together. In the morning, when I unwrap him we spend some quality skin to skin time together.
On the home front, Nick is working on our kitchen, which is looking great. Our friend Matthew has helped him hang the cabinets and his dad has helped with plumbing...so our new sink is also in and our dishwasher comes today. Now we need counters. We have so many plans , but money gets in the way! The price of oil is so high, and how much we need to heat our house is crazy! We had a consultation to get more efficient...we need a separate water heater to start and to insulate the house itself, maybe down the road we can put in wood stoves or something.
Check back next week for an update on week 4 - wow it will be a month so soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment