At this moment, my mom is packing her car and heading to NM tomorrow morning. This changes everything. She's been a constant in Jasper's life since he was born, caring for him while I worked, so I could work. With her gone, I will work less - I am waitressing now, on Sundays. Gone is the concrete countertop job - no clients, no paycheck, no job. And, I am certain Jasper will notice her absence. There is no care like a grandmother's whose interest is as intense as a mother's. This has been especially important to me during Jasper's first year - and is actually extremely important to an infants development. He is a lucky baby.
Nick's employment has also changed due to lack of work. His full time job is now part time and potentially will end if business continues to be poor - as is the state of our economy. Initially, back in September, when we first learned about his job status, it was devistating. The cost of oil was at it's highest and we were headed into and extremely expensive winter with no job prospects. The prospects are still slim, but gas went down considerably and we have a new president, so the facade of hope glimmers ahead.
Many of you do not know how much I worry about money. It's a constant source of stress for me. Much of my fears stem from childhood financial issues. So, this period in our life is very difficult for me. Having Jasper keeps me constant, as I do not want to slump into a depression and carry a dark cloud of worry around me. My dad's advice to me was very helpful. He said to ask myself everyday, "Do I have enough money for today?" And if my answer is yes, then let it go. So, I do. For the most part.
And then there is Jasper.
Jasper sings and dances. When the blender, vacuum, or hairdryer is going, he opens his mouth and makes the same hummm for as long as the device is operating. He drums, shakes rattles and squeals with delight when we play a recorder. He loves avocados and apples. He drinks herbal tea and green smoothies. He loves baths. He's cruising now - walking along the edges of everything he can pull himself up to stand on. He'll definately be walking by his first birthday - which is less than 2 months away! I love the sing song cooing he makes - something I keep intending to record because he won't coo like that forever. He is so sweet. He now raises his arm, pointing with his finger to whatever.
No comments:
Post a Comment