SLIDESHOW! and new videos too, here and above.
I can't believe Summer is almost over when it finally just began. After soooo much rain, it finally got hot and muggy and tonight it seems it's going to rain again...lightening is flashing through the cracked curtains. Before Jasper went to bed he was saying "rain, rain" while walking over to the side porch door and looking out. He hasn't said rain unprompted since it rained last - how does he know?
I start my internship on September 2nd - 5 mornings a week! It seemed like an eternity to September three months ago. I keep organizing my time in my head for what my week will be like. From school in the mornings to work at Liz's through lunch then home for Jasper's nap. And then school starts again so my Saturdays will be booked again. As of now, Le Gamin hasn't started Friday night dinner service (still!!) - Something I have been waiting for since last summer! I don't think I can keep working on Sundays, so I hope (please please please) they begin Friday nights over the long weekend.
Today work was cancelled because Liz only had 3 kids. So I scrambled to find something enjoyable to do. Jasper and I met my mom and Susan in Germantown for swimming in a private salt water pool. It was perfect. A cute little green frog resides there and we got to float around with it. Jasper loved it. We were so sunned and salted out that we both crashed for a two hour nap. I had to rouse Jasper at 5pm, lest he never go to bed tonight. Nick made sushi for dinner, which he rolled outside in the backyard while Jasper ran around naked stepping in and out of his kiddy pool filling up and dumping out cups of water. It was perfect.
I wanted to go away this summer, somewhere, but we have been at a loss for where. If money was no object, it would be easier to decide. Nick's parents are taking us to Florida this winter, so at least there is some warm weather in winter to look forward to...something we haven't had in a long time. Until then, I will make the most of what I have locally.
The rain has arrived..it's tapping on the air-conditioner. Thunder finally accompanies the flashes of lightening. Time to go to bed.
1 comment:
The only constant is change. Some times oxymorons make sense.
love,
Dad, Grandpa
Post a Comment