When we got home after our New Years trip to Florida, Jasper began sleeping 6 hour stretches for the first time. One night he even slept 7 hours. This lasted about 3 weeks, and then the wake up after 2-3 hours resumed. But, a new bedtime transition has emerged: after reading books, nursing and singing songs and a little quiet time in the dark, I can leave his room while he is still awake and he does not cry. He falls asleep on his own. Tonight is the 3rd day doing this routine. After I left his room and got ready for bed myself, I could hear him singing softly to himself as I walked into the bathroom. Ten minutes later, it's completely silent. He still wakes up calling for me later in the night, but I feel a glimmer of something different about to shift.
During our New Years trip, Jasper got his first haircut. The very back was so much longer than the rest of his curly locks that it looked like a mullet. I trimmed the back and it rounded out his whole head. Nick and I were a little surprised at how different it made him look, and a little sad about it too, even though he looked so much better. Of course I saved the cuttings.
His second birthday is a month away. It's hard to believe he was ever a tiny tiny baby. Yet, it's hard to believe he's gotten so big so quickly. As I put his pajamas on tonight, I remembered folding them when he was so small and putting them away for later, which seemed like an eternity considering how huge they seemed to me at the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment