I don't mind changing my own child's diapers. It's challenging when he doesn't lie down, but, I choose my battles, and this isn't one of them. I think pee pee and ca ca are funny. I am not grossed out by those bodily functions and have no problem discussing them. And I feel no pressure to potty train. Yet, it's begun. And it's kind 0f fun. I get to read Jasper stories about going to the potty, saying pee pee and ca ca repeatedly with emphasis. He's enthralled and totally absorbed. That amazes me. Only 2 days after beginning to read his new book, "Once Upon A Potty" he sat and sat and sat on his own potty announcing that a little ca ca came out. A little Ca Ca indeed! The size of a peanut, really. Jasper looked at it and said it was like a tiny tiny animal. I said, "you made ca ca in the potty!" He replied, "like Joshua" the boy in the potty book. It was so small, I could just wipe it off with
TP, but we took it to the toilet together, dumped it in and said bye bye as it flushed away.
This morning he sat on his potty the entire time I was in the shower. Too bad he had his diaper and PJ's on, I think he would have gone, because I changed him once I got out and there was a fresh load of ca ca to take care of. How exciting would it have been to get out of the shower and find a potty full of ca ca! The time will come soon.
In support of that time, I've switched back to cloth diapers. Disposables are easier, and saved me from fighting with him when he wouldn't lie down, but it's too easy to leave him in a soiled diaper longer than one should cause it's so absorbent. With cloth I am counting on him to begin to get a better sense about wetness each time he pees, because he can feel it. Which I think will aid in his desire to use the potty. Once it's warm, we'll be going naked as often as possible. And I'll be bringing lots of pants wherever I go.
No comments:
Post a Comment