click here for a slideshow
I have been reading "Mother Shock" by Andrea Buchanan, which my new friend, who is a new mom, lent me. It's all so true. I highly recommend it. I am also reading several other books simultaneously: "Babyproofing Your Marriage" and "Lasting Love" both of which my mom got us and Nick and I read together. Also "Vaccine Guide: Risks and Benefits for Children and Adults" by Randall Neustaedter - which is eye opening. I plan on comparison reading the new vaccine book the Sears family came out with. I get all this reading done while nursing - in snippets, or at night when we go to bed at our new bedtime, which seems to be 9pm - I am always up at 5am - but when I am not working, I try to go back to sleep if Jasper can - which usually is just another hour after diaper changing and nursing.
We had our first overnight weekend away from home with Jasper. We went to NJ to Nick's parents. It was surprisingly easy. Because Jasper sleeps with us, Nick's parents gave us ther bed, a queen, and they slept in Nick's room, a double. I think Jasper had one of the best sleeping weekends yet. His sister, Cathy, came up from Florida with her son, Luca - who is just over 2 years. They threw a meet the baby party and the Pappas' all came out to meet Jasper - or "Japper" as Luca says. My mom, Anton & Alison also came. It was A LOT of fun. Luca was sweet and gentle with Jasper and he just adores his "Theo Nico." (I'm "Soderay") Jasper was so happy all weekend - he LOVED the attention, was so totally alert and interested in everyone he met. I think he may end up being very social judging by his demeanor with all that stimulation.
On Mother's Day, Nick and his Dad made breakfast for us mothers. Wow, I am part of that group now. It's surreal. And everyone who wished me a happy one made it that much more wild to be on the other side of. My family saying the words that were only reserved for my own mother are now saying it to me. My non-mom friends even did too. And now I am included in my mom friends list of mothers to wish this to. I never did that! Happy Mother's Day to all my friends with kids...sorry so late.
2 comments:
i loved mother shock. i think i recommended that book to you. she just came out with a new book called the daring book for girls -- it's very cool and fancy -- and it was at the front of the barnes and noble that i went into lately. it's not at all the same kind of book -- but good to know a mom of two can get somewhere in her career! happy mother's day, btw!
Soh - You look so beautiful with Jasper in the main pics! What a great set....you are part of that mothers group now....and you are doing a beautiful job! I love checkig out all the new pics and seeing how he is growing! Love to you all. Denise
Post a Comment