CLICK HERE for the latest slideshow.
The last three weeks, since we posted, have been interesting. Jasper is a fussy baby. We discovered that most of his fussiness was due to silent reflux. Fussy makes it sound less stressfull. By fussy, I mean he couldn't sleep more than 45 minutes at a time and he'd wake up crying, often arching his back and writhing in apparent pain. I cried right along with him. This culminated with 4 sleepless nights in a row, I read again the symptoms and definition of colic to discover something called silent reflux. I called my pediatrician and described everything. She suggested medication. That made me cry some more. Afterall, I went through childbirth drug free...shouldn't I be avoiding giving my baby drugs as an infant? And I had done just that...treated him with homeopathic remedies, gave up dairy and gas forming foods, drank fennel teas, took probiotics and gave him some too. These things helped his gas and digestion, but didn't eliminate the pain. I gave in and gave him the drug. The effect was undeniable. Jasper slept and so did I. I also gave up wheat and that has helped too. Oh how I love this little guy!
Now he's smiling a lot. He's started to really respond to us when we play with him. He 's totally taken with this little toy lion that hangs from his car seat. He actually reaches out to it and sometimes manages to make contact. We are so excited to hear his first laugh..it won't be long now!
1 comment:
Oh Soheray! He's so great! what a cutie. Such a complete mix of the both of you. I'm sorry to hear you were both so uncomfortable, but I am happy to hear you have found some peace, Have fun back at work; I'm sure they've missed you. I know I have!
XX
Thee
Post a Comment