Last night, Nick and I went out with Jasper to a bar in Hudson with our friends Traci & Florian and their son Jonas. This bar offers free Indian food on Tuesdays. We couldn't believe how many babies were there. And a lot of people we knew. Living the small town life may sometimes appear mundane, but it can be very pleasant to know the people you live around and run into often. Nick and I actually felt a glimpse of what it feels like to have our adult lives balanced with being new parents. Individually we have given ourselves experiences to feel normal again, but last night was one of the firsts where we felt normal as a couple. And the food was good!
This was a very good way to end a week that had been so worrisome for me. It was the kind of week where nothing I seemed to do turned out well and my mistakes seemed glaring, blinding my good intentions.
No comments:
Post a Comment