Friday, April 10, 2009

Communication

Now when Jasper wants something he screeches and points. We have to guess what it is that he wants, bringing an array of items to him till he's satisfied by the one thing he was originally set off by. Often he wants things he cannot have. And I don't want to teach him to get what he wants by screeching. How does one communicate that to a one year old?

Out of nowhere he started signing "more" when I say more. I had tried teaching him that sign a long time ago and basically gave up on sign language because I didn't get any feedback. And suddenly he's making that sign. Should I teach him more words at this point?

I started using my cloth diaper again. I am pretty proud of myself for sticking to it. It's been 2 weeks. Nights and weekends are for disposables. Nights because they hold more; weekends because Nick takes care of him. It's not as difficult as I thought it would be - considering that I have a hard time getting him to lay down for a diaper change. I am concerned about how easily he'll potty train based on his comfort level with wet and dirty diapers. He's not bothered by them. Even when he was first born it wasn't an issue. And I sometime think, maybe he should be in a cloth diaper at night too because, hell, what if bedwetting is related to super-absorbent diapers at night. But I don't want to change any diapers at night - so, I'm a little lazy. Or I just want to get as much sleep as I can.

No comments: