Jasper continues to be a source of amazement and wonder as he explores his world. My thoughts of food were interjected by little snippets of things he's done. I've got to write this down, I think to myself, and then what was it? It escapes me. Oh yeah! I wished I'd had a camera at the time because it was one of those Mothering Magazine shots where the toddler plays around with mommy's pump and holds the apparatus against his/her chest mimicking what mommy does. Yup - there was Jasper holding the boob part against his chest and making a shushing noise just like the machine makes. I never thought he do that since he can't stand seeing me pump. And later, when he was resisting bath time in favor of turning the faucet on and off, I showed him how my neti pot could be a pitcher that pours water much like the faucet and he took the bait and played with it the entire bath time. That also included placing it against my nose and his own nose and making blowing out sounds.
He's learned a lot of new words. Neda was up over Sunday/Monday and taught him, "Alright" which he says with amazing clarity. He picked up the word "Again" and says it often and as a result we are often repeating songs and games more frequently than before. He and Nick go to a parent child class on Thursdays and he's already bringing things from there into his daily life: notably singing Happy Birthday and Row Row Row your Boat along with the motions. He says "sing a song" "what's that?" "go outside" and so many other things that I can't think of now. He says "come" and has tried to get Neda's dog to come and the cat and Daddy to come. He says Memere, Nick Pappas, Hello, walk, all done, baby (beebee), light (sight), Dinosaur (Dee), and more... He's obsessed with shoes and is determined to put his own on, though it's easier to get my or Daddy's shoes on. He loves rain boots.
Well, I think my mind has calmed a bit, at least enough to try and fall asleep. I'm waitressing at Le Gamin for the last time for a little while. I am sad about it, but I can't do 7 days a week, and so something had to be sacrificed. Hopefully I'll pick up Friday nights soon, if they ever open for dinner service. Otherwise, I won't be back until January.
No comments:
Post a Comment