Jasper wasn't alone with these two teenage strangers, he had his cousin Luca with him. They spent two days playing together and really loving each other. It was super cute. There were so many sweet interactions, but the best was when Luca laid down on the floor and Jasper cuddled all over him. It was so wonderful to see Luca and Jasper together and enjoying each other. They only see each other 1-2 times a year, which is similar to how often I saw my cousins on my father's side. And it dwindled as we grew older. I would like for that not to occur with Jasper and Luca.
I grew up without knowing my cousins on my mother's side, so I am very excited that Jasper lives closer to Violet. I can't wait till she's Jasper's age so that they really can begin playing.
Jasper has been teething the last couple of weeks and his two top I teeth are peeking through. He's handled these 2 teeth much more easily than the others with only one truly sleepless night (so far) and a constantly running nose.
New words include:
Peek-a-boo - "kawk-koo"
Stick - "thtick"
Ball - "bwah"
Balloon - "brrrrlun"
He knows "shhhh" combined with the motion of placing ones finger over ones lips and he does that. He knows that the little old lady in "Goodnight Moon" does it too as well as the bunny in Judy's book from "Pat the Bunny."
He's started to put his fingers together for "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and likes it when I hold his hands and make them do all the motions while singing the song.
When "This Little Piggy Goes to Market" he finishes with a "wah wah wah" for the little one that goes wee wee wee tickling all over him.
We began making the same noises he does when we sat on the toilet to poop, thinking maybe he'd get the association. Now when he sees us on the toilet he grunts emphatically.
There are of course so many more antics to describe, which I will do as they surface to my memory.
No comments:
Post a Comment