Saturday, March 7, 2009

more..

Did I mention that he's got a few words? He says "hot" - sounds like "haw" and points to something that should be hot, like the radiators. He learned that from Soren when my friend Amy was visiting just before we went to NE. While my dada was here he kept saying Grandpa" which was rewarded at the end of his visit with a "pa pa pa." 

Jasper is walking lots and at the same time is extra clingy and impatient- preferring me to Nick when we are both together. On Friday he learned how to go down the stairs - went down three. He can climb down from the bed and the couch - which is a similar activity. It's so amazing to see him acquire these skills and how they just come on instantaneously. He knows depth - and knows he has to take care - I found him in the hallway at the top of the stairs with the gate open. I had been getting dressed in my room and thought nothing of him crawling out because I thought the gate was closed. For several minutes I listened to him banging on the gate before I came to check on him. Nick had left it open when he went downstairs. Jasper knew. I guess all that throwing of objects to see where they land taught him about himself in space. 

He's been extra cuddly one - giving us lots of kisses and hugs. Today when I got home he walked over to me and gave me a kiss then walked back to Nick for a snack. Nick placed some cheerios on the couch cushion. He took one and returned to me and gave me another kiss then returned for an o, grinning all the while. He did this at least 10 times. Nick laughed because he had his fingers ready in the "pincher' position in anticipation.

Time to set the clocks forward...

No comments: